The Founder and Publisher of the scholarly and methodical journal The World of Russian Word is the non-profit partnership Russian Association of Teachers of Russian Language and Literature (ROPRYAL)
ROPRYAL is a non-governmental organization, setting a goal of popularization, preserving, development and studying Russian language and literature as a part of world culture.
The society was founded in 1999 by 26 collective members. By 2014 the organization has granted admission for 152 collective and individual members from 44 areas of Russian Federation. Among its collective members are universities, institutions, departments and chairs of Russian language, institutions of general education, foundations, publishing houses. Among its individual members are linguists, literary scholars and critics, specialists in cultural studies, methodologists, academics and high school teachers.
The Founders of the ROPRYAL are
– Lomonosov Moscow State University;
– Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia;
– St.Petersburg State University;
– Pushkin State Russian Language Institute;
– Zlatoust Ltd. company.
The President of ROPRYAL is Prof. Dr. Liudmila A. Verbitskaja, the President of St.Petersburg State University, the President of Russian Academy of Education, the President of International Association of Teachers of Russian Language and Literature (MAPRYAL).
Among the goals of ROPRYAL is assistance to
– studies of Russian language in Russian Federation, in the Commonwealth of Independent States and in other countries of the world as an important means of intercultural communication and international cooperation;
– making contacts among the students of Russian language, literature and culture;
– integration of informational space for professionals working in the areas of studying, teaching and distribution of Russian language, literature and culture, in order to promote progressive scholarly and methodological technologies and assure their in-depth approbation;
– the Ministry of Education in development and improvement of state educational standards (inter alia through the Russian State System of Testing) and promoting their extensive implementation in pedagogical practice;
– mass-media in their covering of the activity of linguists and literary scholars, historians, art critics, cultural studies scholars in their efforts to save and develop the spiritual potentials of Russian society and the spiritual life of Russia;
– governmental and public agencies of Russian Federation in order to improve state policy in the field of Russian language and promote its status.
ROPRYAL performs the following tasks:
– helps scholars to exchange their experience in the field of Russian language and literature studies, area studies, methodology of teaching Russian literature, Russian and other languages, development and implementation of international research projects;
– assists scholars in exchange of information and experience in the field of development and implementation of the most effective educational methods and devices, as well as technological tools for teaching Russian language and literature;
– organizes congresses, symposia, exhibitions and other events;
– assists in preparation, publishing and distribution of scholarly publications, manuals and methodological books in the fields of Russian language, literature and methods of their teaching;
– collects information and creates data bank in the field of ROPRYAL activities, publishes and distributes reference information and periodicals;
– assists in organizing academic exchanges for Russian studies’ teachers and scholars, as well as for all kinds of students, studying Russian language and literature;
– fulfill orders in appraisal of educational forms and resources, research projects, etc.
Postal address: of. 809, Bolshoi pr. V. O., 80 (Business Center “Senator”), St. Petersburg, RU-199106, Russia
Telephone of Secretariat: +7 (812) 332-94-21